html





Saturday, May 16, 2009

HIRED! :) .... hired :(


There are a lot of goods happening lately but they also have the bads attached.
1. I was rehired by the Newhall School District
We started this whole long process about 3 months ago with them giving us letters on non-re elect because we were temporary. This was supposed to mean that we could not get hired back, we were not even on the priority list of lay off teachers who had a shot for next year, basically we were done. Then we heard that they recended all lay off notices. Then they gave back all music, counseling, and pe teachers. Then we get a meeting saying that there is hope for us. And then... they tell us we are re hired! Here is the real kicker... they may even been interviewing and hiring additional people this year!! I love the district. I hate California and their budget.
Now the good news: I have a full time teaching job for next year! I am employed. I know I will be at my school and I do not have to worry.
The bad: I hate california. Uh! You know, being let go was kind of relieving because it meant I could move, I needed to move. I had to face the unknown and go find a job somewhere in something for next year. Now that I am rehired I am stuck. I can't leave. uh
The facts: I have a job. :) I need to finish BTSA. I am staying. One more year in Cali and we will be free!

2. Jeremy-- the career journey continues
For anyone who knows Jeremy you know this is a challenge. When I met Jeremy he had just been fired from his waitor job at Applebees, even though he will swear to you he just quit..... because he was going to be fired. Anyway, he was sittin around playing all summer, not working not doing anything. Well he has come along was since we have started dating. He worked for his dad for awhile to please me, to get money, and because in some way he was kind of interested in the work. Well when I realized that working with his father, in that line of work would probably stress him out to heart attack we decided it was time to start looking somewhere else. Luckily, through a friend he was hired at the hospital doing warehouse where he is now. Even though he is not happy he is getting paid. We broke up. Jeremy got scared. Looked into school and wa-la! He is now in an EMT class with the idea of being a firefighter. While he loves his class and is excited about all the work he gets to do, he does not test well. Hence, he failed his class.
So now we are back at the beginning with no career. Yeah he has a job, but there is a huge difference between a job and a career. Now, there is no way in Hell a ring is going on my finger until I know I am with a man who can provide for me and a family. I have made the means in my life so that if, and I repear IF absolutely necessary I can provide for my family (hence the associates, bachelors, credential, and grad work all by age 21) Needless to say I am school driven, he is not. Anyway back to the ring. My parents did not raise a fool. They most def did not raise one of those annoying girls whose only purpose in life is to find the first man who will marry them and then start making babies. OooooooooH no!
Ok so.... this most brilliant beyond brilliant idea came to us. Military. Oh yeah.
We had looked into it before but let the idea drop because he was going to go to school. But now that school isnt working this is the PERFECT answer!

Do not freak out and please do not ask me if I am afraid he is going to die. I am so sick of that response. Yes it is a possibility but it is more of a possibility that you would get hit by lightning, or a car, or eaten by a shark or even have a coconut fall from a tree and kill you. We are all going to die and just because he joins the Air Force does not mean he is signing a death wish.

In fact he is probably safer being in an office on a base than driving a hour each way to work. Anyway, he isnt going to die just bc he joins.

The benefits are AMAZING!!! and I mean AMAZING!We are talking:

- Free housing, HOUSE, while you are in or a monthly stipend that is tax free to get off base housing- A monthly food allowance- Uniform allowance- Free Health Care- Montly pay- Education - the Air Force is HUGE on education and they have their own community college where he can get his AA and then his BA and they will pay for it- 30 days paid leave and Holidays- vocational training in which ever job he chooses that will then allow him to get a civilian job- Job security for 4 years- Tax free grocery stores and department stores on base- A community with parks, pools, gyms- leadership skills- A very honorable career!- the Air Force is also known as the "easiest" and least likely to be deployedand lastly.. the uniform is HOTT his is an amazing opportunity and something that we are seriously, prayerfully, and cautiously considering.


So right now this is where we are: I have a job next year in Cali. Jeremy is thinking of joining the Air Force.

No comments:

Post a Comment