html





Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dr. Laura

Love her. Love her ideas. Love her thoughts. Love her outlook on life. A woman I admire greatly gave me the book the proper care and feeding of husbands at my bridal shower. Best gift ever. Best Book. A book that should be in every home. I keep it by my nightstand and just open up and read random pages. Well lately I have been on this kick of self help type books. I finished John Gray when Mars and Venus Collide. ( I drive 2.5 hours every day and the only thing that gets me through it is books on tape. I LOVE books on tape and try to put a self help/ inspirational one in there in the mix of everything else I listen to) So anyway the John Gray book was excellent and my focus of that book is appreciating my husband. So I have been trying to send texts and say to him all the things he does that I appreciate. I don't know if he has noticed but I do and it gets me thinking about all the great thinsg he does for me. Like I appreciate that he took my car to get gas in it last night so that I did not have to do it this morning. I appreciate that he went and bought me a dry erase marker so that I could erase my boards today in class. I appreciate that he walked me to the car in the morning at 5:45 am so that I did not have to go out in the dark cold alone. So anyway back to Dr. Laura I just started listening to her book Stop whining and start living today on tape and I love it. My new goal is to take full control of my thoughts and keep them positive. I justbegan her book but it is so great and hse gets right to the point. It is so eye opening and just today I have seen my thoughs begint to change. I love how she said something to the point of the most beautiful flowers all need sh** to grow. So true, you need manure and rich soil for it to grow just the way humans grow in their circumstances wether great or horrible. I also like how she said she heard this response to how are you toda--- better than some and not as great as others So true. Everything is about attitude. You can make your life whatever you want. You can choose to think whatever you want and make whatever you want out of a situation. We have complete and total power over our thoughts and how we look at a situation and I love that.

2 comments:

  1. I got "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" for a wedding gift as well, and I agree, EVERY woman needs to read it! And probably on a yearly, if not bi-annually, basis! Speaking of which, I think it's time for me to pull mine off the shelf again. Sometimes I think Dr. Laura is a bit harsh, but then I think of that scripture "The wicked taketh the truth to be hard" and well... even though certain attitudes, etc. may not necessarily be wicked, when you realize you're that person she's talking about it's tough to take it and be willing to change! I can't remember if I read that "Stop Whining Start Living" one as well, but it was one similar to that and totally changed my way of thinking as well. Keep sharing the wisdom you glean to help remind me to get my toosh in order! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that sometimes she is too harsh, yes. I just try and focus on ok how can I change my thinking about this situation and am glad she is teaching me how to think about what I think lol

    ReplyDelete