I. Hate. Them.
They are not Christmas lights. The lights on your house should be the old school fun lights. You know the big colored bulbs, that don't look purple and hurt your eyes? I'm ok with icicles too. A combo? Even better.
Ok so maybe I should just look at it as being grateful that they still hang lights and use the word Christmas but ah they are just so ugly!
Ok my rant is done.
Another thing. It is so ridiculous having all these stores and people being afraid of the word Christmas. Goodness almighty. Christmas is all about CHRIST! And celebrating his birth! 90% of us celebrate CHRISTmas anyway so what is up with " Happy Holidays" oh for the love, you afraid of offending a Jewish person? Fine add Happy Hanukah (which I butchered the spelling I'm sure) but add that in there too but don't take away Merry Christmas from your signs, adds, and word of mouth. Otherwise what's the point in celebrating.
I feel like if the word Christmas even slips in my classroom I'm going to get in trouble if I do not immediately follow it by Hanukah and kwanza. But then shouldn't I not mention any bc then I would offend the Jehovah's Witness' LOL
goodness me.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Merry CHRISTmas to you too! :)
ReplyDelete(my husband got those darn LED lights for our Christmas tree and I hate them too... they don't have the soft glow that Christmas time should have. It's nice that they save energy and all, but really not as pretty.)