Tonight our 4 year old Yorkie Charlie died. Sitting on the couch the door flies open and dad is holding the little one who is bleeding. A rattle snake had bit him in the head. This has always been our worst nightmare. The same thing happen to our last yorkie Jack, but it was another dog who had bit him in the head. We once again crying so badly we were in convulsions got in the car and raced to the vet pleading with God the whole way to spare daddy's best friend. Once again our prayers went unanswered as the little one died in daddy's quivering arms. ( And no I will not thank God for this unanswered Prayer) You don't know that feeling until you have lost someone you love. And for people who just don't get the whole dog thing I can't even speak to you right now. Animals to a lot of people are apart of the family. In this family a big part. We love them more than we love eachother :)This yorkie Charlie was my daddy's best friend. Charlie would sit in the window sill all day waiting for dadddy to come home. He new the sound of his car and would fly to the garage door and screetch until daddy came in. He would run to his chair and wait for dad to scoop him up into his arms and love him with a love I have never seen before. Then dad would line up the dogs at the door and start to hoot and hollar to go get the squirells the second the door opened the little one flew out like a racecar to the middle of the grass chasing the invisible squirrel. He would take his crunchies one by one to the carpet, spit them out and eat them. He hid his bones under dads pillow. He would pull of dads socks and hide them all over the house. Dad bought him special ice cream and gave him his treat everynight. That as well as peanut butter toast. He knew the words ice cream, treat, and peanut butter toast and would lick dad's bald head and kiss him until he got his nightly treats. He would sit with dad non stop and the love between that man and that dog was ridiculous. Dad built him special ramps to get him on the couch and his bed. He cared for him with a love that was unbelievable. Anyone who came over knew how much dad and the dog were united lol. Dad's screensaver on his phone and picture on his work desk were both of Charlie. They were cute. I literally prayed everynight for a special blessing on Charlie and to watch over him becasue I did not think that my dad could handle loosing another one after loosing Jack. Tonight our worst fear came true!
Me... well I'm angry. I first collapsed on the streets in Newhall infront of the vet literally body convulsing with sobs and shortness of breath. My sister next to me and Jeremy holding me, the two of us sobbing. I had never seen Jeremy cry before and tonight we shared a new kind of bond. Then came home and the furry came out. Why God could not save a little Yorkie that meant the world to my dad? Why dad had to loose his best friend? Why dad is leaving on a trip tomorrow and when he comes home the little one will not be there waiting for him at the door? Why Charlie will never run around chasing the cats? Why he won't light up my dads face anymore? Why couldnt it have been me who was bitten by the snake? Why not the cat or the other dog. I AM JUST SO MAD!!


Non-pet people just don't get it. Like the guy at work who said that sucks when I said my dog died...uh yeah how'd you like it if your sister died and I said that sucks, it's the same thing to me! I really feel for your family, especially your dad. I'm so sorry
ReplyDeleteJessica-I'm sorry about Chuck. I hope you and your family will be able to recover from this devistating loss. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help...
ReplyDelete