html





Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ventura Fair




Ever since I introduced Jeremy to fried oreos- he has been addicted. At first it sounds a little odd but once you have tried it you will become a fan. What can get better than milk's favorite cookie dunked in funnel cake batter and fried to gooey perfection, then tossed in a blanket of powdered sugar. OH MAN!



This is what brought us to the Ventura County Fair. We just had to get the fried oreos! This year Jeremy and I tried the fried Snickers, not as great... the nuts in it are gross but the rest was ok.



We also were introduced to the world of livestock. There was an agricultural school and each kid had their show sheep and pigs. They paraded them around the area and it was odd. A culture we were not acustom too. I will say that the way they hit those pigs and left welts on them really urked me the wrong way. I wish I could parade them around the arena hitting them with the stick and see how they like it. We also saw the hugest cows we have ever seen!


Next we hit up the rodeo. It made me sick the way they treat the animals and once again I wish I could treat the


cowboys the way they treated their animals. It was really sad and cruel. Mean ol cowboys.


Then we went and got more fried oreos and looked at the flowers, produce, more livestock, and the photography section. It made us both want an SLR camera even more! Over all it was a great day at the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment