So I went back to David's Bridal for the third time this time it was narrowed down to 4 dresses. My 2 dream dresses. I didn't want to spend so much because yon only wear the stupid thing once but when I put these dresses on... it was like my brain lost it's money sense and just melted for these dresses. Anyway I had to give them up and elminate them becasue they were too hard to alter to add sleeves. So I got it down to 2. A plain white dress... completely plain and a plain one with rouching. I have always wanted a simple dress I do not like embroidery or beading, Ihate split fronts, and I cant stand the embroidery and beading that looks so tacky. I really dislike the typical LDS dress with the square or scoop neck and square sleeves. EW. So it was really really easy to elimate 90% of all the dresses.
Anway I go back in there and over the weekend I had found a dress online I really really really wanted to try on! Here--
http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49995498¤tIdx=20&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49995498&catentryId=6110581&sort=
But they did not have it! The lady however said hold on I may have somthing like this... well she did!! She found the same dress with zip up instead of tie back and in taffeta instead of satin(that part I was not happy with). Anyway she brings it out and it is perfect! It gets even better it is the only dress and it is $99!! It had been a preview dress, so they never made it or put it in their lines they just wanted to see how people liked it. Apparently people did not like that one so they did spin offs and came up with the one that is coming out in fall. Anyway it was the only one in the store.. problem is it was a size 6... LOL I am NOT a size 6. However, that is where the amazing Sister Joost comes in.. her sweet seamstress skills are going to make that dress fit! Yay!
So that part of the adventure is done. Well for now... until we start alterations.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment