I finished my first year of teaching!
Friday morning I jolted out of bed ready to go. No need to hit snooze, no need for grogizness, no need to go back to sleep... I WAS AWAKE!! I was so awake I woke up at about 3am ready to go. I mean come on it is the last day of school!! I felt like I had won the lottery. This huge smile stuck on my face from ear to ear. I got to school an hour and a half early. Opened the gate for the last time, walked into my room and just sat there. I had been packed and cleaned since last week. I had nothing to do. I paced around my room for awhile and then decided to go use up my copies and make copies for next year.
The bell rang at 8:15 and I walked to the yard to pick them up for the last time.
The best part... they brought presents! Chocolates, gift cards, and cute cards. My smile got even bigger!
We spent the day eating, watching movies, eating some more and then eating the last of the junk food. At 12:25 they left. I walked to the office turned in my keys and skipped to the street. I was done! I made it through my first year! Can you believe it! Hooray!!
Jeremy got his limited use temple reccomend today! Isn't that exciting! I am so proud of him and so happy for him. He will get his actual reccomend probably next month and we are starting temple prep classes! Things are coming together so nicely!
Friday morning I jolted out of bed ready to go. No need to hit snooze, no need for grogizness, no need to go back to sleep... I WAS AWAKE!! I was so awake I woke up at about 3am ready to go. I mean come on it is the last day of school!! I felt like I had won the lottery. This huge smile stuck on my face from ear to ear. I got to school an hour and a half early. Opened the gate for the last time, walked into my room and just sat there. I had been packed and cleaned since last week. I had nothing to do. I paced around my room for awhile and then decided to go use up my copies and make copies for next year.
The bell rang at 8:15 and I walked to the yard to pick them up for the last time.
The best part... they brought presents! Chocolates, gift cards, and cute cards. My smile got even bigger!
We spent the day eating, watching movies, eating some more and then eating the last of the junk food. At 12:25 they left. I walked to the office turned in my keys and skipped to the street. I was done! I made it through my first year! Can you believe it! Hooray!!
Jeremy got his limited use temple reccomend today! Isn't that exciting! I am so proud of him and so happy for him. He will get his actual reccomend probably next month and we are starting temple prep classes! Things are coming together so nicely!
Fun things lately: The other night I decided I wanted to play softball. So I convinced Jeremy we ran home, grabbed a bat and a tennis ball (for lack of other balls) and headed to the park. Luckily while there we found softballs and a tee which helped :) We went a few days later and took Josh to play as well.
Kami, Jeremy's sister came to my end of the year party which was so much fun! We played waterballoon volleyball and waterballoon tosses and then watched a movie.


No comments:
Post a Comment