Well today has been one of the worst days in the year we have been together, for both of us.
Jessica- I started off the day with 30 adorable 10 year olds... until the migraine set in... and then the fact that my principal wanted an obscene amount of data about their progress and then an observation. Mind you the observation went really well becuase I prayed my heart out that I would be able to stand and talk while holding in the pain.
Well when the day was said and done I had my heart throbbing in my head, my body was shaking, and I was running a fever... I got to head over to a school with no parking and sit on a little metal chair shoved in a room with 109 other teachers and staff to listen to the discussion on why we are being laid off. Then after having all my hopes and dreams for the furture shattered I got to sit with 20 other temporary employees and sign a paper and recieve a notice that says, I will not be hired next year.
What really bites... those who were probationary and not temporary are put on a 3 year re-hire list. Well because we randomly were selected as temporary we are not put on that list. Those on the list get to keep all placement on the salary scale, everything they get the first jobs and just get to come back like nothing happen. The 20 of us lucky people are completely in every sense of the word let go. We loose it all. We have to start over fresh in 3 years, if they even accept applications and we have to submit those with the 25,000 other teachers who will have no jobs .... we get nothing, it doesnt matter that we were there for a year... oh well too bad, so sad. That pisses me off.
Now on the happy note. I know that it is not my districts fault. I love my district, I hate the political crap about being temporary and not permanent, now that on the district side pisses me off but everything else is all the fault of the state of California. Stupid California. I have always hated this state and now I know why. It sucks what they are doing to all of us. I love my district and my school and I am sad that I am going to have to leave.
However, it could be worse. I could be a single mom of 3 who just lost all income. I could be a wife contributing to the motgage, car payments, insurance, kids. I could be a father who is the sole provider to his five kids who now has nothing. I could be living on my own and be screwed. But I am living at home, with a very cheap car payment, no rent, a ton of money in the bank and a few options. Yes it is sad that I spent 5 years in college to end up with no job while the one who flunked out of high school watches beer or car parts go down an assembly line and makes $60 an hour--- which I think should be a crime-- but all in all I am ok. Suprisingly ok. I have faith that it will all work out. I am young. I can find another job, or a new career. Yah it sucks, its not fair, but life goes on. I could be an orphan in Ecuador living with 15 other girls in a room with only a bed and have only 2 pairs of pants. I could be an orphan in Africa with no food and only aids to slowly kill me. I could be starving and homeless.
I have a bed. Clothing. Family. A wonderful boyfriend. An education. And I think I will be ok. I know I will.
Yet today has still sucked :)
Jeremy--- Horrid day at work. His residency is on hold at COC and he only has until Wednesday to fix it or it is going to cost 1,000's of dollars in tuition. He has brought multiple papers in, none of which will work and is waiting to find another one. Completely broke, trying so hard to get his life turned around and then....
His car breaks.
Now its not just his car breaks here is the deal. A few months back he took his car to this mechanic and needed it to be fixed. Well the dirty crook charged him 1,200 to fix crap. Then a week later it starts clicking and is leaking. So he calls the guy and the guy is outta town, then calls again and the guy is too busy then calls again and again... finally after weeks he gets in there and they dirty crook fixes it... or so it seems
until now a few weeks later it completely dies in the middle of the road.
He is furious. I am furious. I do not like this dirty, crooked mechanic. Mind you Jeremy's father took a car in there once to get fixed AND THE CAR GOT STOLEN!! Right out from the mechanics place!!!
Now.... why Jeremy took his car there... that is Jeremy's mistake. However, this man should be a decent business man. If he messed up he should fix it... and it should become TOP priority. You screw up a job you fix it RIGHT away you dont wait!!! Wouldnt you want your customers happy so they come back... you DONT jerk people around!! We are so frustrated with this guy!!
Now on Jeremy's point of veiw he is trying to hard to do things right and have a full time job and be in full time school so that he can get a career going and now his car breaks down!!!! How is he supposed to get to work and school?! How is he supposed to keep progressing when crap like this happens because of a dirty crooked business man!!!
And how in the world are we supposed to even think about getting married!!!! Now I don't have a job, Jeremy does not have a car, and is in school that he has to pay out of state fees for when he has lived in Cali his entire life.
Well I hope that God is going to provide a way for this to all work out. I know people go through tough times but I just don't see how this is going to work.....
Then once again I look at what I am thankful for:
I am thankful for honest people out in the world, even though Jeremy's mechanic is a bone head
One time I ordered 2 snorkels off the internet. The man only sent me one. He felt so bad that he refunded my money and sent me 2 more on express shipping. One time my dad got a quad from a guy on ebay and the next day a part broke, the man sent my dad a check for the amount it cost to get it fixed.
I love good honest business men.
I am thankful for health. I am grateful that Jeremy and I are healthy and none of us are facing serious illness.
I am grateful that Jeremy has a job and is in school.
I am grateful that I was able to work for a year and get that added to my resume.
I am grateful for my friends who I love and who are here for me.
I am grateful that I have a family that will let me live at home, even though they always threaten to kick me out.
I am thankful that I was brought up in a family that knows the importance of saving and doign the right thing with your money.
I am grateful that I was able to obtain a wonderful education and have graduated from 3 colleges and am only 22!!
I am grateful that I have a church that makes me happy and gives me hope.
I am grateful that I have opportunities and choices in my life.
So even though it was a horrible day.... it could have been worse.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment