html





Monday, February 16, 2009

How we met: Jessica's POV


So many people have asked us how we met and started dating. There are 2 very different sides to this story. Below you will find Jessica's of view, soon you will find Jeremy's but he is not done yet. This is very lengthy but I think it is important to journal memories or else you forget so here goes....

The story told from Jessica's point of view
April 28th FHE:
Being the typical quiet shy girl that I am, I had not met many people in our singles ward. My best friend and I spent hours talking about how horrible the ward was and that they never did any activities. How were we ever suppose to meet a man, fall in love, and marry happily ever after if we couldn't even talk to a guy? So... the plan went into action. Lets break out of this shell and have a party! I created fliers and we headed to FHE armed and ready. Once arriving the sea of people was very intimidating. Erica became a pansy and would not hand out a single invite so I was tasked to the job. I began with my first one, ran up to the boy handed it to him said come to the party and dashed away. I continued this for awhile trying to get everyone who came into the door. Then I saw him..... sitting at the corner of a row... I had missed him. Hmm who is that? "Erica have you ever seen that guy before?" He looked pretty cute in a different sort of way, a different kind of style but nonetheless cute. So I did it, I ran up to him threw the invite in his face and that was about all I could manage then I scurried away back to my seat. Not thinking much of the situation except I was glad that I was done handing out the invites.

May 3rd: The night of the party.
9pm --- it is me and my friend... oh no Erica, no one is going to show up, we are going to look like such losers!! I can't believe we did this, what were we thinking!!! 9:30pm-- now there are about 4 of us, Erica I am going upstairs and leaving you here alone with this lamesauce party. 10pm--- people begin to show. We mingle the crowd, sit by the fire talk to some new guests. Then my ex comes in, mind you we had broken up a few weeks before and I still had crazy feelings for him. I hung out with him and tried to be around him as much as possible. A little later the boy from FHE comes. He is outside on the air hockey table with my EX(Josh)!!! I could see them watching movies so I ventured over (truthfully I just wanted to be with Josh) We go into the house and are standing by the juke box, with me behind Josh and Jeremy infront. And then this girl next to him, Kami, later I found out she was his sister. So we are all talking and this Jeremy kid is getting kinda flirty with me. I am thinking.. um does this kid not know that Josh and I dated.. I mean hello here I am all over Josh and he is flirting with me.. how can he not know that we just broke up? ...weirdo the party continues to die down and people start to leave. A small group of us including Josh Jeremy Kami and Nate (ha I had no idea nate and kami dated! I wondered who that girl was and why she was cuddling with nate of all people... I found out later. ) So Josh and I end up cuddling and feelings are still high between us. THis Jeremy kid put his head on Erica's leg at one point and I was like what the heck. Anyway they all left and I didn't think much of it. I still wanted Josh.

May 12 FHE
The party was actually a success I met a lot of people and was excited to go to FHE. We were sitting around coloring cards for some service project and I was talking to Erica and my new friend Lacey. Then Jeremy walks in. We all say hi. He starts to flirt with me again. I was like oh what the heck can he leave me alone. He invited me to this party and then to magic mountain, which I declined. I told him to call me about the party and so he got my number. Then my friend Erica grabbed his phone and put her number in there as well. (What the heck I thought to myself he only asked for my number...girls) We talked for awhile and I learned a thing or two about this new boy. After FHE Erica and I head to the gym to swim laps. Once in the pool the talk began. "So this Jeremy kid, I think we have a problem, did you notice how flirty he was with me tonight? I mean I can tell already that he is a flirty guy but it was a lot towards me" " Yah he's flirty but he was all over you, you HAVE to be careful" (At this time we thought Jeremy was a really bad kid) " I know, there is no way I could EVER date someone like that, ever! I don't know why all these bad kids are attracted to me, I mean first Josh and now Jeremy.. out of all the guys in the singles ward can't I find a holy man!" "Jessica you have to be careful" "I know trust me nothing will ever happen" " Ok good" In between We would see eachother at church and smile, sometimes say hi. Everyonce and awhile we would be on facebook chat at the same time and talk. I was alwasy hesitant to send him a message because I did not want him to think I had any interest in him.

May 23 Bowling
There was suppose to be a regional movie night but since it was raining it was canceled. Lame we thought. So we decided since we had new found friends to take things into our own hands. Lets go bowling! So we quickly mass texted everyone we knew and told them to head to Santa Clarita Lanes. It started out with all my gal pals and Jeremy. I still remember he was wearing his friends with benefits shirt and it made me laugh. We all talked and goofed around and of course took pictures, a lot of pictures. As bowling started more and more people showed up. THen these two guys I had never seen before came in, Kyle and Robert (Oh Jeremy will tell you he wishes we had never met them bc this is the start to the drama that would unfold) I see these two new boys and since I had some sugar in me (oh I was hyper) decided to go and talk to them. We talked and talked and talked. Then when bowling was over I headed to in-n-out with them. Who knows where Jeremy went. So I start to really think this Kyle guy is cute, but he's not talking and seems like a cocky son of a gun. So his friend Robert is starting to talk to me and I can see he wants my phone number, but the silly boy is having trouble. So I help him out. I was giddy. I had just given my number to a cute boy. So I get home and tell everyone I know. It was a good night.

May 24
We decide since things are going so well we will have a weenie roast and game night. We invite everyone down to Erica's house. I can still remember standing in Erica's kitchen texting Jeremy trying to get him to come down but his brakes were not working so great. He wanted us to road trip out there to Acton... HA HA HA HA... us roadtrip to the middle of nowhere... yah right. So he did not come. Robert and Kyle did. Thus my interest in those boys peaked. May 26 FHE Memorial Day We are laying on the grass talking with the girls when I feel this bony body on my bum. What the heck... ? Jeremy had just sat on me and let me tell you I told him right then and there, dude you need to get some meat on those bones :) This skinny boy was finally starting to get my attention. We got up and went ot play frisbee, a game I am horrible at. We laughed everytime I threw it into the tree or onto the deck, and I started to think jeremy was pretty dang cute, really nice, and a lot of fun. But then...... he left..... with Mariana! what the heck?? Erica is something going on between Jeremy and Mariana? Well I guess it is a good thing because I won't have to worry anymore about him liking me. I later found out from a friend that Jeremy and Mariana and Kami and Garrett were paired off cuddling watching a movie at Garretts, so once again my fear of having him like me was lessened, but I was a wee bit sad.

May 27 -- June 7
I leave to go to Utah, where I am interested in a freshman year crush Robert. The day I get to Utah I recieve this text message and low behold it is from Jeremy. "You left without saying goodbye" "I waved when I passed threw your ghetto town" then said something about giving me a big hug when I got home. I was thinking, who is this kid and why is he sending me these texts. I told Tawnie about him and that I think he was flirting with me again. The next two weeks I spent in Utah spending everyday with my Freshman year crush Robert... Jeremy was nowhere to be found in this brain.

June 14 Movie Night

Brynn's parents were out of town so it was time for a movie night. We called up everyone we knew and let the fun begin. Robert and Kyle were there, I guess. This night is fuzzy to me and I don't remember much. What I do remember is I got up to get something and Jeremy sat in the corener of the couch. Erica was to his right and no one was to his left. He kind of rubbed the seat next to him and said something to the effect of this seat is open. I was thinking, oh boy this guy is never going to quit, I dont know if I should go sit by him or just move somewhere else. I ended up sititng by him. Then I "got sleepy" now when a girl gets sleepy it means one of two things. Either A- she really is tired or B - she is faking it so she can slowly do the head bob and then "fall" over into the guys lap or onto his chest because she is "sleepy" -- This sleepy was the B kind. So I got closer to him and I remember him rubbing my arm. I also remember freaking out and feeling horrible because Mariana was there a few people down! And kyle was there... a guy who I was interested in... and Robert was there.. the one who had asked for my number... but Robert was with Kami, that was the end of Robert for me, so he was no longer in the picture.

June 17 -
My Birthday Here come the juicy stuff!! My friends and I headed to BJ's for birthday dinner and then the plan was to go home play some games and eat cake. I texted Jeremy and he couldn't come to dinner but he said he would come over after. At dinner this guy Todd was the only one there and then he left. I got really worried that Jeremy would be the only boy so I kept texting him saying it is ok if he didn’t come down I did not want him to feel weird. Well him and Kami came to my house. We played some funny games, I made sure that Jeremy was on my team. Then we headed to the park. We goofed off on the slide and swings then for some reason decided to have a dance party in the street. Some creepy guys showed up so we decided to move. We hoped on the sides of the suburban and began to dance as she drove up the street. We ended up in the Baptist Church Parking lot... of all places.. a giant group of Mormons, dancing on the side of a suburban at a Baptist Church.. that was some good laughs. Jeremy decided to call up his friend Matt. The only time I had ever met matt was seeing him do a strip dance at a regional FHE, that is a story in itself. So this kid Matt comes and he is the funniest nicest guy ever! Love the kid.. we are excited to have met someone as neat as him. We all goof around then decided to head to Jack in the Box. Down the street Jeremy pulls over and starts to unload everything out of his trunk... he had a flat tire. It was kind of funny watching him and Matt try to change it. After Jack in the Box most everyone left. It was me Jeremy, Matt and Kami. There were lots of funny things said that night like.. I need to wash my eyes out, and is he in this movie (as Jeremy sat and stared at the guy who he was asking that about)
Well the movie progressed and Jeremy and I got closer and closer… yet he wasn’t doing anything so I had to pull out my mad skills.
I got up to “get a drink” then decided it was too hot on the couch and that we should move to the chair… thus forcing him to be even closer to me and bc the chair was so small he just had to put his arm around me ;)
Well after that I kept asking myself what the heck I was doing!! I wanted nothing to do with this boy…. Nothing.. yet it was my birthday and I wanted to kiss someone.. so I did… no need to go into details there lets just leave it at im good and I get what I want J
So we had out first kiss.
Well the gentleman that he is…. He asked me on a date a few days later and of course I was like oh no he got the wrong impression!! Ahhh!! So I gave him the 101 reasons why I couldn’t date him and we ended it on that just friends….
Well Jeremy was not ready to give up! He was VERY persistent and would not knock it off. So he asked me out again and again. Im not quiet sure what came over me but one day while I was working at St. Juddes I just decided that maybe just maybe I wanted to go on a date with him.
So I sent him a text saying if you ask I will say yes.
Of course he jumped on that opportunity!

July 9, 2008

Our first date.
We went out to the aqueduct in Palmdale and we went for a walk to over look the city, which was really fun but it was sooooo windy. We tried to skip some rocks, I ended up skipping a rock on the dirt. So after walking for awhile we came back and we were dancing under the stars to his car radio as he sang to me for the first time, then asked me to be his girlfriend, well “ladyfriend” yah it was cute! I was still questioning the whole thing but decided I would give it a try. We then went to Arby’s and Jeremy got the BIGGEST sandwhich I had ever seen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment